Times – School terms
There are 4 groups of Junior riders (ages are indicative only):
- Junior Dirtmasters (Green) (4-6 y.o.)
- Middle Ringers Red (6-8 y.o.)
- Middle Ringers Orange (7-9 y.o.)
- Middle Ringers Blue (8-10 y.o.)
There is also a group of Senior Riders (10+ y.o.) who do not meet weekly but aim to participate in more intensive riding workshops on a term or seasonal basis.
Online registration can be completed on this printable form. During registration, bikes and gear must be scrutinised for suitability in off-road use.
Essential gear includes:
- Water must be carried in a caged bottle or camelbak
- Good gloves are strongly recommended.
Once you have registered with Beechworth Chain Gang (BCG), members will need to join Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) and nominate BCG as their club of choice.
MTBA membership is $65 p.a.
Additionally, the program cost is $35 to BCG for each term.
Payments to BCG (not MTBA) can be made to:
- Beechworth MTB park – Alma rd.
- Flame trees – Baarmutha station, Diffey rd.
- Beechworth Railway station – Railway parade.
Thursday afternoon sessions begin at:
- 4:15pm for the both groups
A BCG Volunteer will control a marshalling area between the car park and the bicycle area, for the duration of the session.
Term 1, 2018
Junior Dirtmasters & Middle Ringers
- 08/02/18 – Registration session at the Beechworth Train Station
- 15/02/18 – Beechworth MTB Park
- 22/02/18 – Beechworth MTB Park
- 01/03/18 – Beechworth Train Station
- 08/03/18 – Beechworth MTB Park
- 15/03/18 – Beechworth MTB Park
- 22/03/18 – Beechworth Train Station
- 29/03/18 – Beechworth MTB Park
At Baarmutha Station, half of the car park is cordoned off for bike parking, and the platform is the start/finish area for all activities. The Flame Trees trail begins here and heads south east, beside the rail trail.
|Beechworth MTB Park
Nestled behind the Golf Course, the MTB has a complex set of bike trails. Half of the car park is cordoned off for bike parking, and is the start/finish point for all activities. The Green Loop and parts of the Blue Loop are used for training.
|Beechworth Railway Station
Just off Albert rd, along the rail trail is the railway station precinct. Bike Parking is marshalled behind a set of bollards, and sections of the rail trail are used for training.
BCG Leaders use the WhatsApp service to communicate with other leaders and members for immediate information.
BCG Leaders will use email, Google Groups, and the Facebook page for more general and non-urgent information.
Please ensure that where possible, members or guardians can access these services
for all enquiries, email email@example.com
Want to help? Please do! BCG needs more parents to assist this expanding group.
Volunteers will need to complete a “working with children” check and be willing to undertake an MTBA training course, which will be organised by BCG.