We’re excited to be able to host another round of Alpine Cycling Club’s Junior Race Series this weekend.
All courses will start at the Beechworth Mountain Bike Park main carpark on Alma Rd. Parking in the main carpark or along Alma Rd roadside.
Entries are not possible on the day so please register your kids early using the links relating to each age group/ course length below.
This year all trails used are in the top section of the MTB park and will make for good viewing by spectators, both from the carpark and accessible by walking around the green loop 4wd track section to access the back of the hill. The course makes the most of faster flowy single track sections and quick descending, with granite rock features to mix it up (however bypassing the most technical sections). The older age groups get a whole extra track section which will reward fast and energetic riding.
The courses and laps are as follows:
- mini loop around pump track area, 2 laps
Short Course (Under 7, Under 9):
- Riders will ride the Beechworth ‘green loop’
- Under 7 – one lap
- Under 9 – 2 laps
Long Course (Under 11, Under 13, Under 15, 15+):
- Riders will ride up the Mojo climb, shortcut onto the More Mojo mid section, shortcut onto last Mojo section, Rusty Stuff shortcut section, Laundry track, and back around Green Loop to trail head.
- U15 and 15+ first lap will be different (more technical), including Mojo climb, the ‘Carpark Section’ loop and back to top of the hill, then top section of Don’t Be a Hero above green loop, then green loop back to trail head
- U11 – 1 lap
- U13 – 2 laps
- U15 – 3 laps (tech lap then 2 normal laps)
- 15+ – 3 laps (tech lap then 2 normal laps)
Bump-In and Rider Plate Collection
- Rider plates will be available at race headquarters.
- There will be no on the day registration, only those pre-registered online will be permitted to race.
- Please bring your child’s Auscycling rego number for verification when collecting your race plate – as informed at online registration your child must have valid registration in order to race.
- Please ensure you arrive with enough time to collect rider plates prior to the 9:30am commencement.
- Plate numbers will be pre-assigned prior to the day, it is very important you do not mix up plates, ie between siblings.
- Plates must be returned – Please make sure you return your rider plate to the drop box before leaving the event.
8:30am – rider plate collection opens
9:15am – rider plate collection closes
9:30am – races commence (NB: races will run concurrently unless otherwise determined on the day). Order of races is U5; U9, U7; U15/15+, U13, U11
11:30am – presentation and event conclusion
Please ensure your child is adequately equipped with sunscreen and drinking water. Please also ensure their bikes and helmets have been inspected and are in good working order prior to the race day.