The Beechworth Chain Gang is excited to be able to extend our junior ride program with this exciting initiative. The program would not be possible without the support of the Beechworth and District Community Bank who have kindly donated $5,000 to the club for the purchase of a new bike trailer and Shingleback Off Road who are donated $1300 of labour for the development of the new bike trailer.
The Beechworth Chain Gang is running a program for teen aged, local mountain bikers during term four in 2019 as part of its highly popular junior ride program.
The program will include shuttles, a ride jersey and two coaching sessions (limited numbers) and will run on Sunday afternoons at the Beechworth Mountain Bike Park.
If you want to be part of the program you will need the following,
- You will need to be a member of the Beechworth Chain Gang
- Go to www.mtba.asn.org.au to arrange a membership. If you have not held a MTBA membership in the last three years you may be eligible for a free short-term trial membership
- You need to have a moderate level of mountain bike skill (each rider will be assessed during their first session) You will need to pay $35 for the term four program
- NOTE: The Beechworth Chain Gang membership is essential as it provides insurance coverage for the riders and the club. Without this in place we simply would not be able to deliver our junior ride program.
- This program is being delivered for the benefit of teenage, local riders and is being subsidised by the Beechworth Chain Gang. Over many years the club has enjoyed the support of many people from neighbouring towns and preference will be given to teenage local riders, riders progressing from the existing BCG junior ride program and long term members and supporters of the club. If you are from outside the 3747 postcode you will need to email Clayton Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability. The Beechworth Chain Gang reserves the right to cap registrations.
- If you are interested in the skills sessions in Bright and Mount Beauty you will need to register separately for these activities during your first session. The spaces are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
This program will require some parent support. Each week there will be at least three roles to be filled:
- Car Park Rider Registration Attendant
- Post Ride Attendant (bottom car park) – preferably with first aid qualifications
- We will also need some BBQ cooks for the first and last sessions.
Please email Clayton Neil at email@example.com if you are able to assist
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 13th October –Shuttles and BBQ [Beechworth Mountain Bike Park [BMTBP]
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 20th October – Shuttles [BMTBP]
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 27th October – Shuttles [BMTBP]
- 10:00AM – 1:00PM Sunday 3rd November – Skills Training [TBC Bright Mystic]
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 10th November – Shuttles [BMTBP]
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 17th November – Shuttles [BMTBP]
- 10:00AM – 1:00PM Sunday 24th November – Skills Training [TBC Mount Beauty MTB Park]
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 1st December – Shuttles [BMTBP]
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM Sunday 8th December – Shuttles and BBQ [BMTBP]